he still defends his ex

my boyfriend of 2 yrs has maintained a friendship with his ex... which im okay with, i join them when they go out for coffee 1 a month now too.

but his friends hate her... no idea why personally they ended on good terms, no fighting/cheating etc.

but my bf gets mad when his friends diss her, he says its because theyre insulting his past, and that hes mad because they acted like they liked her when they were dating

but i dont know... he seems to get very angry about it...

why do you think he gets so pissed off when his friends diss his ex??? should i be worried he cant let go of the feeling to defend her?

my boyfriend of 2 yrs has maintained a friendship with his ex... which im okay with, i join them when they go out for coffee 1 a month now too.

but his friends hate her... no idea why personally they ended on good terms, no fighting/cheating etc.

but my bf gets mad when his friends diss her, he says its because theyre insulting his past, and that hes mad because they acted like they liked her when they were dating

but i dont know... he seems to get very angry about it...

why do you think he gets so pissed off when his friends diss his ex??? should i be worried he cant let go of the feeling to defend her?

Sounds like he may simply have a level of respect for his past and for women.

Do they disrespect any other women around you and he not do anything about it or is it that his friends only make a point of disrespecting her.

mostly if her name ever comes up in a group conversation, they diss her. my boy doesnt say anything upfront, but sometimes he tells me how he doesnt understand why they hate her so much, and that she doesnt deserve it.

Any many ways this is a good thing as it has been said that your past is a reflection of you so obviously he thinks highly of the women that he dates.

With that said who broke up with who and why?

it was mutual because they both told me they were agreed to be friends, not lovers.

and they broke up roughly 2 yrs ago.... so him and i started dating around 3 mths after they broke up

they dated for 5 yrs

Just because they both said it doesnt mean it,how old is he I see that you are 21.

Odds are he probablly does still have some feelings for her but she doesnt for him so really it is a "non-issue" in regards to him cheating on you with her because she isnt interested.

The real problem here though is you obviously know something is missing in the relationship that the two of you have since this has been an issue for you from the very start.

What do you imagine your relationship wiith him would be like if she wasnt involved?

Well, maybe he hates people dissing the person he once chose to be his girlfriend. It's like telling the guy, "Hah, you dated her? You have bad taste." I'm sure he knows his ex-girlfriend long enough to understand who she was as a person. He had/has respect for her. Maybe she told him about her "rough past" and her "issues" and he feels sympathy for her. I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived