I'm feeling so "blah" about my life... Nothing interests me.

JoeCool

I really need help from anyone who will listen. As of late, I've gotten very bored with my life and I can't really seem to find much excitement in anything. I'm currently in college, but I hate the school with a passion, I've made no friends and I'm so not enthusiastic about the work whatsoever. I'm quite bored.. I basically went to college because it felt like the right thing to do. I have no clue what field I would like to study in. I've lost interest in the hobbies that I was interested in which was writing and music producing but for a long time I've lost my spark and my creative juices.. I don't understand what's wrong with me. I'm feeling just blah about everything.

I spend most of my time alone. I do have friends and I do go out every now and then with them but all of them seem to live these great lives and got things going for them. I often feel inadequate around them now because I feel so small compared to them. When we go out to eat or hang out, I have very little to talk about because my life is so boring compared to them. It seems like they always have something interesting going on in their lives. But for me, it's all about school and going back home,doing homework and spending the rest of the afternoon on the tv,listening to music or on the internet.Making friends for me is hard for some reason, I can be a very social person but it seems like with the people or strangers I talk to, I can never take it to the point of getting numbers down and hanging out outside of school.

I seriously need to find a hobby but the hard part is thinking of something that will give me that drive. I was thinking about music producing again but I find myself getting bored with that easily. I've been trying to get back into my writing but I don't understand, I feel I've lost my spark and creativity. I just feel so blah and dry about everything. Most of the time I just feel so fed up with not finding a direction in life that I just don't feel the need to do anything at all so I just say bump it.. and spend the day on the internet reading articles and being on youtube. I also need to find a job but I'm also having bad luck on that.. I seriously would like a change.. A new look,wardrobe maybe a good start I guess.. I just want a change in my life.. I don't know what I'm asking for.. I just want to stop feeling so lonely and lost...

Hey, I've been where you are, many times. I was having this problem again and I got so fed up that I decided to do something about it. I wrote down exactly how I was feeling and ideas of things that would make me happy. It was just small things like sitting down and watching a good movie, writing letters to pen pals, spending time with friends etc. And if you write down all the things that make you even vaguely happy it will help. It may help you to find out what you actually enjoy doing, and a hobby could stem from those.

While doing this, I realised that I feel quite down because I don't get to be around animals much anymore, and I am animal mad. But I have really bad allergies and the one animal I'm not allergic to (dogs) my boyfriend is completely allergic to. So I decided to ask around my work to see if anyone wanted their dogs walked at lunch times. I found someone who would like me to do it 3 days a week. So I get to spend time with a lovely little terrier and get some exercise (my doctor told me I need to exercise).

For a job, have you tried temping agencies? I signed up with one of them and they found me a job within a few weeks. And they kind of save you the hassle of searching through loads of jobs.

Do you think you are depressed? A sign of depression is losing interest in things you once liked. Would you consider having a life coach if you could afford it? I'm not sure how much they are but they could help.

I can identify with feeling like everyone else is doing all these interesting things, and nobody would be interested in hearing about my dull life. I too think it would be a good idea to take an inventory of what you enjoy, or you think you would enjoy even if you can't imagine being able to do it right now. You are looking for a common thread among all those things. Then take inventory of what you are good at. Figure out how to use your strengths in support of what you enjoy. Remember too, that even if you aren't doing much now, you have probably done things in the past that are interesting and that you can be proud of.

It does sound like you are depressed. I've been there too. Perhaps you need to determine whether that's the case, first of all. If it is, sometimes drugs help and sometimes they don't. The right psychotherapist can be very helpful. Maybe a life coach could be very helpful too, although I haven't personally tried that yet. I believe they are pretty expensive.

You sound like you need to discover your passion. It is hard and it sounds like you are trying. Have you ever sat down and wrote a list of what you want in life, or things that you consider passions?

Do you have anyone you can talk to face to face about it? That helps sometimes.

• 1 year later...

omg i totally feel the same ! its like u read my mind i feel so bored i dont even wanna hang out with my friends nothing seems to be fun .. i dont even feel like going to collage but i still have to

if u ever find the answer that is satisfying plz let me know

peace ...

• 1 year later...

Archived