sex positions for when the guy is considerably taller than the girl

Kitz

i'm 5"5 and my boyfriend is 6"5. we had sex for our first time together the other night and.. a bit of an embarrassing problem... because of the height difference we couldnt find any positions that worked because hes too much taller than me!!

my favourite position is missionary, but my bf is really.. big (i dont mean fat, but like a big build.. big boned, big head, big kneecaps, big everything hahaha) and he doesnt like missionary because he "feels like hes going to squish me" (he's not) and because of the height difference when we tried it we couldnt kiss or anything, which is what i like about missionary.

same went for me on top.. and i hate me on top, it doesnt feel good and i feel like an idiot just bouncing away up there. lol.

doggy didnt work either... and his bed is too low so he cant do the whole like, stand up and me kneel thing

after trying those three we just sort of gave up because it wasnt working... argh. i really wanted our first time together to be nice too. but my problem is i cant think of any other positions apart from those three!! well, there is lying down with your back facing them but again, you cant kiss during it, which is what i like to do... so yeah. any advice would be really appreciated

Hmm.. I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'2" so there's a foot difference between us as well. Seriously, it just might take some getting used to. You may never be able to have sex cheek to cheek but you can still kiss, quite a lot actually! You just kind of have to tilt your head up while he tilts his down. For doggy style, instead of him standing on the floor have him kneel behind you on the bed. And if you're laying down on your side with your back to him, just lean back so that you're kind of half resting on him and half resting on the bed. That way you can just look over your shoulder and kiss pretty easily.

I'm taller than my wife too. Lemme think about what works...

Sex on your sides. Spooning is easy.

Sex on your back with legs up like a 'V'. Once he wiggles in he'll be leaning on

your legs for support and you can help by pushing back a bit.

Lay on your belly and kinda present your ass up a bit. Its simular to doggy but easier for him to support himself, and it just NAILS my wifes g-spot when I do it. Hope it works for you.

Reverse Cow-girl in a chair... that wont leave you bouncing up there in the air. It also gives the guy a real eye-full of the action.

No other positions really jump to mind. Best of luck!

thanks so much for all the ideas! hehe. i always thought that there were heaps of sex positions but when you really think about it, apart from whipping out some crazy kama sutra moves theres only really a few basic ones.. maybe ill just have to get used to not kissing.. allthough lying down from behind and just twisting around a bit sounds good.

those were also some really good ideas jerith, thanks - i've heard of the lying down one before but i never really understood how it works... i think i do now. think im going to have to try that one out aswell hehehe.

thanks heaps!

• 2 years later...
im 6 foot 7 and my girlfriend is 5 foot 5 so there is a massive difference and we find doggie, lazy doggie, missionary, cowgirl, reverse cow girl, legs over shoulders, doggie off the edge of the bed the best positions for us you have to twist round abit but once you figure it out its easy

gee, that's horribly limiting. haha luckkkkkky. this is why i want a tall bf.

I have encountered this problem before, and my favourite solution was reverse cowgirl. It's very sexy and can be so without running into the problem that other girl on top positions can sometimes have, like the guy not being able to reach the girl in the same way that a shorter guy could, because his head and arms are so far away from you, haha.

Also, maybe try having him sit in a chair and you straddling him, or have him being propped up just a bit in bed.

Doggy is always fun, too.

• 3 months later...
im 6 foot 7 and my girlfriend is 5 foot 5 so there is a massive difference and we find doggie, lazy doggie, missionary, cowgirl, reverse cow girl, legs over shoulders, doggie off the edge of the bed the best positions for us you have to twist round abit but once you figure it out its easy

I am actually writing a section in a book on sexual positions between taller men and shorter women, as part of a lifestyle guide for tall men. I'd really be interesting in having a quick chat with you.

I am actually writing a section in a book on sexual positions between taller men and shorter women, as part of a lifestyle guide for tall men. I'd really be interesting in having a quick chat with you.

Lifestyles guide for tall men?

Page 1. Practice shooting hoops.

Page 2. Have sex standing.

Page 3. The end.

O...and the standing thing probably is a good idea.

• 3 years later...

I know what you mean. I'm 5'4 and my boyfriend is 7' but what I've notice works quite well is doggy style but on the bed, get on all four and he then can enter. Or missionary, but put a pillow folded in half under your butt. That helps you be at his level and he won't quish you.

• 1 year later...

I am 5'0 and my BF is 6'0 and we pretty muyh do only the missionary possition since I was a virgin when I sleep with him, so he want to be gentle and do the basic possition sex. And he have no problem kisssing all over my face, lips, breast and neck when he on top.

We tried the doggy possition but then he noticed it was painful for me, so he switch back to the missionary. Is the lazy dog better than the doggy style?

Since we in a thread of sexual possition, may I ask, which possition you recommend for a girl that is newly to having sex?

Archived