Can you get herpes even if hes not broke out??

Thank goodness you posted!!!!

I quote from link removed

"Herpes is most often spread from active sores. But you don't have to have a sore to give the virus to another person."

You need to go get tested now.

"While genital herpes is bothersome and may cause emotional distress, it usually does not cause serious health problems in healthy adults."

Regardless, it causes sores during initial outbreak and cause a lifetime of outbreaks depending on the strain of virus.

These angry remarks are based upon the fact that your boyfriend is being quite selfish. There is nothing wrong with catching herpes by mistake, but HE KNOWS HE HAS THEM, he should NOT be having casual sex.

It's true it's easier to catch when it's not dormant, but sometimes people can be wrong about this. I can't believe this guy!!

For more info go to link removed

Unless you plan to marry him, do NOT have sex with him.

Imagine having herpes yourself if you catch it. How would it feel to then have to explain to future boyfriends that you have herpes ESPECIALLY when you could have avoided it.

It's a much bigger risk for women as well, since it often necessitates a c-section for childbirth to avoid infection of the baby during delivery. Just because he has no VISIBLE outbreak doesn't mean the virus isn't active, it's a much lower risk, but any appreciable risk is too much. I don't know if he has a false sense of security from being misinformed or being on medication from it - but he needs to really understand the facts if he doesn't, and so do you. It requires extra care on both your parts, so get as much information as you can.

At least he told you that he had herpes. That's a lot to ask of a horny guy. He was trying to sell you a little bit, and maybe too much; I don't know. But he was honest. I dated someone who had herpes. I was a little nervous about it. But people are more important than herpes; so if he's cool, don't give him grief. I believe there are medications now that can lower the risk of transmission. Look into that and practice safe sex, in all measures.

We all get a little dirty in life; it adds character.