A woman's foreskin over her clitoris.

friendsoulmate

What is the purpose of a woman's foreskin over her clitoris? Does it help with masterbation and orgasm? Does it serve the same purpose as a man's foreskin over the head of his penis? I am uncircumsized. I have cleaned my penis regularly, so my foreskin has not become infected or has caused a problem. I do not believe in circumcision for both sexes, unless there is an infection or some other medical problem, when it becomes necessary.

foreskin over the clitoris? I'm sorry, but I'm a female who is very familiar with my anatomy and I don't know what you're talking about.

There are skin folds near and around the clitoris and these are known as the "labia". Are these what you are referring to? They are sensitive and provide more sexual pleasure.

yes, I highly doubt we have foreskin. Female circumcision as far as I know is cutting the clitoris itself, the male equal would be cutting the head of penis!

Yes, this is right. Female circumcision is when both the clit and the labia folds are cut off. (OUCH OUCH OUCH)

foreskin over the clitoris? I'm sorry, but I'm a female who is very familiar with my anatomy and I don't know what you're talking about.

There are skin folds near and around the clitoris and these are known as the "labia". Are these what you are referring to? They are sensitive and provide more sexual pleasure.

I was reading a health and female reproductive system book once, and it mentioned the clitoris had "a hood". I thought it would be homogenous to the man's foreskin on his penis. I believe the man's foreskin is meant to protect the sensitivity of the head of his penis.

What is removed depends on the region where it is practiced. Some place remove a lot [1, 2, and 3] while some places remove a little [just 1, or 1 and 2, or just 3]. In all cases, it's too much, unnecessary, and really quite disturbing how central women are to the propagation the practice. It may be at the request of the man, but it is often women who do it.

yes, I highly doubt we have foreskin. Female circumcision as far as I know is cutting the clitoris itself, the male equal would be cutting the head of penis!

Both male and female have a "head" and a "foreskin." Only, in medical lingo, these are called "glans" and "prepuce", respectively.

The glans in a man is the head of his penis, which is normally covered with the foreskin.

The glans in a woman is her clitoris, very technically speaking -- but it's covered by a "hood" of skin which most people just count as part of the clit, so it's all referred to as one thing.

The clit becomes engorged and erect just the way a penis does, during excitement, and just as with an uncircumcised man, it protrudes from its "foreskin". I've never heard of it called the foreskin, but it IS the female equivalent of a foreskin (that is, it's embryologically homologous.)

If you're not sure where on your anatomy this is, push the skin surrounding your clit upwards, and you'll see (and feel) a very, very, VERY sensitive little bundle of tissue underneath it. THAT is the clit, proper. The skin over it, which you're pushing around, is the prepuce. It's easier to see the clit itself when it's erect and protruding. Normally, it's hiding under its hood.

Female circumcision removes the entire clit and prepuce, while male circumcision only removes the prepuce. If men were circumcised like women were, in their anatomical equivalent, the head of their penis would be amputated.

Sometimes the entire labia are cut off on a woman in circumcision as well, leaving nothing but a hole (that is usually sewn up and torn apart on her wedding night, and often sewn back up again, leaving only enough room for menstrual blood to come out.) But this is a tangent.

The prepuces of women AND men are there to protect the glans and keep them moist. There are more nerve endings in the clitoris than the head of a penis (and as another poster said, more densely packed), so it's got a lot more bang for the buck (no pun intended), and really you'd kind of be in agony having that exposed all the time. It's so sensitive, usually I can't even stimulate it directly for long -- it needs to be worked through the hood to not be unbearably sensitive (at least this is the case for many women, though I'm sure a minority -- like those who have pierces in their clitoral prepuces [the actual clit is NOT pierced, just this "foreskin" we're talking about] -- feel charged up with the extra stimulation and constant friction. I imagine that's a pain/pleasure experience.) So yes, it's definitely something that helps "buffer" touch during masturbation and other stimulation.

Removing a male foreskin makes as much sense as it would to cut off the hood of the clit.

I was reading a health and female reproductive system book once, and it mentioned the clitoris had "a hood". I thought it would be homogenous to the man's foreskin on his penis. I believe the man's foreskin is meant to protect the sensitivity of the head of his penis.

Correction: I meant "homologous", not "homogenous".

What is the purpose of a woman's foreskin over her clitoris? Does it help with masterbation and orgasm? Does it serve the same purpose as a man's foreskin over the head of his penis? I am uncircumsized. I have cleaned my penis regularly, so my foreskin has not become infected or has caused a problem. I do not believe in circumcision for both sexes, unless there is an infection or some other medical problem, when it becomes necessary.
this is called the "clitoral hood" and it protects the clitoris when not in *ahem* use.

Archived