Dont want to live anymore, but cant kill myself

joeson1257

Make it a point to live, REALLY live! Volunteer somewhere you are needed. Take a walk and smell the flowers. Say "Hi" to people you pass on the street. Adopt a pet and love it to bits! Go shopping. Have a good, long, cry and then afterwards, take yourself to your favorite restaurant. All of things will help you through a tough time, but it has to start with you. No one will do it for you. Life can be rotten, no one knows this like I do, but I refuse to let it beat me. I will win every time because I am not a loser! Neither are you so get to it!

I know what you mean, I'm about ready to throw in the towel myself. My mind is racked with doubt, indecision, a sense of hopelessness and shame. I don't want to do it anymore. The longer it goes on, the more I doubt/hate myself. I really don't care anymore. I am completely lacking in motivation to do just about anything. I can't even decide on a Vegas trip, which would usually sound awesome.

All I want to do is lay in bed and sleep, or eat. If I didn't have to occasionally go to work, I might never leave the house. Depression....never had it like this before. Its' so easy for others to say, get up, take a walk, do volunteer work....all sounds good....but I had days that I could hardly lift my arms in bed.

It's been 5 months for me, my depression is not that bad, on anti-depressants, but I got up in the afternoon, went to work for 4 hours, came home, got on here, then went to bed for 2 more hours, then got up at 10 pm and now it's almost 3 am. I just want to sleep my life away. If I died while I was asleep I'd be perfectly happy with that.

And I do have a dog that loves me to pieces...it's the only thing...but even she loved my ex more!!! lol

I know so many people get anti-depressants now....I'm poor and only have to pay 4 dollars for them. So if money is a problem, it shouldn't be.

think of why your feeling this way, for me i was feeling this way because i felt like a bad person but the more i accept what i did and the more i want to change the better i feel. whenever you feel down you can call hotlines thats what i did and it does a ton of good or come on here and talk about your feelings

Well, I'm perfectly functional. My depression lasts a day or two, then I'll have a couple weeks of feeling fine, even happy. Then it comes right back. Doesn't really impact my appetite, workout routine, work, sleep, etc. I still make an effort to go out and do things. My dogs help a lot. There always so happy and energetic, it's hard not to feel better around them. I'm not big on drugs, so no antidepressants for me. Plus, I have enough knowledge of psychology to understand what's going on up there, so I reassure myself it's all natural, and it's better to feel everything rather than hide from them, at least in my case.

Archived