met the man of dreams finally but he lives in another state!

aussielis

I have posted a bit on here about all the loser's I have met a few week's ago i went on a weekend away to another state (2 hours plane flight away) i went out had big night and slept with a guy (wasnt expecting anything). he was so lovely, decent and we didnt stop cuddling all night. he text me a few days later to say nice to meet you and keep in contact i then get a text from saying he is coming down to my city with his kids and he would like to see me. so yesterday he arranged a babysitter and came all the way into town to see me, lovely, decent, manners. We had great night together i wanted to take him out on the town so we went to 5 different bars home at 3.30am. He stayed i dropped him off this morning as he had to go back to his kids. He asked me to come up and look at getting cheap flights. He is going to come down again late June for the weekend and stay with me. I went away today feeling so sad i cant stop crying ive met a nice guy for a change and he lives so far away. I dont know what he expects of 'us' and i dont want to say anything. His marriage broke up a year ago and i think he is still hurt over that. Not sure what to do, i feel really sad!

Reading this has literally made my stomach turn. How do you not see everything that is wrong with this situation?

im sorry? if you referring to me sleeping with him then as i said in my post i slept with him initially as i never expected anything to come out of it it was a holiday fling, i didnt even expect to hear from him but now i have and quite a bit too, so why did it make your stomach turn?

It sounds like you had a nice time with him but you also seem to be romanticizing everything to a high degree. He is the "man of your dreams"? You always envisioned your dream man to be a divorced father of two who is still not over his painful recent divorce? I think that you have had such horrible guys in your life that an encounter with a guy with manners and who treated you decently has sent you all the way up to the moon.

It is time to slow down and assess things. You went into this thinking it was a holiday fling. Now he is your dream man and you are planning future weekends together. The reality is probably something more in the middle. Take a second and look at the big picture. Is an out of state romance something you are willing to pursue? Or maybe, just maybe, your first instinct was correct... this was meant to be a wonderful positive fling and nothing more. What do you think?

I understand your desire to want to think of him as perfect. I won't even take that from you. What I will say is that you should be happy that you met him. Think of him as evidence to yourself that there are nice guys out there and you can keep looking with a positive attitude. Hugs.

I dont know what he expects of 'us' and i dont want to say anything. His marriage broke up a year ago and i think he is still hurt over that. Not sure what to do, i feel really sad!

There is no "us," Aussielis. It's all in your head. You don't even know this guy.

I don't see where all the hate towards the original poster is coming from.

Let her have her romantic weekend. Sure it may not work out, but dang... shooting down someone's excitement over a fairy tale weekend? There's a difference between being realistic and cynical. Since when did having children and a divorce disqualify someone from being a good catch? Yes, I recognize that maybe someone falling so deeply may be alarming for rational-minded people, but does that stop any of us from treasuring the story of Romeo and Juliet?

I'm not blind to some possible delusions of grandeur from a mere weekend together. But I am all about some fantasy weekends. I say if you felt the chemistry, go for it, and I hope it works out. If not, at least you got to enjoy such a blissful feeling for a while =]

I don't see where all the hate towards the original poster is coming from.

Let her have her romantic weekend. Sure it may not work out, but dang... shooting down someone's excitement over a fairy tale weekend? There's a difference between being realistic and cynical. Since when did having children and a divorce disqualify someone from being a good catch? Yes, I recognize that maybe someone falling so deeply may be alarming for rational-minded people, but does that stop any of us from treasuring the story of Romeo and Juliet?

I'm not blind to some possible delusions of grandeur from a mere weekend together. But I am all about some fantasy weekends. I say if you felt the chemistry, go for it, and I hope it works out. If not, at least you got to enjoy such a blissful feeling for a while =]

yes i was a bit shocked by soy bean's comments...this wasnt just one weekend its been 2 now...

yes i was a bit shocked by soy bean's comments...this wasnt just one weekend its been 2 now...

Your heart is definitely in control right now. That is fine, jsut try to make sure your mind is involved in your thinking too every now and then. Like I said, there's no gurantee it will work out but I wish you the best and hope that it does. I began my relationship with someone overseas and we are now only 1 hour apart and see each other every weekend. There is nothing in this world that can stand between love. Nothing.

There is no hate. I think folks were just strongly urging caution and to look before you leap. As for the whole Romeo and Juliet thing...errrr....how did that turn out in the end for them again? Where is the blissful feeling in this? I thought she was unable to stop crying and extremely sad after only two weekends. Everyone is just trying to inject a little objectivity that is all amid a lot of emotional spectulating. I hope all works out, just take things slow and look at the big picture.

There is no hate. I think folks were just strongly urging caution and to look before you leap. As for the whole Romeo and Juliet thing...errrr....how did that turn out in the end for them again? Where is the blissful feeling in this? I thought she was unable to stop crying and extremely sad after only two weekends. Everyone is just trying to inject a little objectivity that is all amid a lot of emotional spectulating. I hope all works out, just take things slow and look at the big picture.

One person mentioned their stomach turning at the entirity of the OP's post. You cited children and a divorce as if they were scarlet letters. Maybe I'm too much of a romantic, but I don't see that as objective. Not everyone here's post has been hate obviously, but I was just rather surprised given the usually constructive posts I see on ENA.

That being said, I don't think others' opinion are wrong. I just don't see it with so much weight on the irrational side. And if I came off as rude I apologise. I was just trying to convey how much I support reveling (sp?) in love. It's a strong force, and I'd never want to take the feeling away from someone.

One person mentioned their stomach turning at the entirity of the OP's post. You cited children and a divorce as if they were scarlet letters. Maybe I'm too much of a romantic, but I don't see that as objective. Not everyone here's post has been hate obviously, but I was just rather surprised given the usually constructive posts I see on ENA.

That being said, I don't think others' opinion are wrong. I just don't see it with so much weight on the irrational side. And if I came off as rude I apologise. I was just trying to convey how much I support reveling (sp?) in love. It's a strong force, and I'd never want to take the feeling away from someone.

Nope. Read my post again. I have nothing but respect for someone who is divorced with children. In fact, I believe it is a relationship situation that should not be entered into lightly, especially if the guy is still hurting from a recent separation. I am sorry you missed my attempt urging caution and objectivity. Describing a complicated dating arrangement as a "dream guy situation" may not be love talking but instead an emotional rebound from the recent rude texts she received a previous fella. I am just urging her to slow down and look at all aspects of this.

Nope. Read my post again. I have nothing but respect for someone who is divorced with children. In fact, I believe it is a relationship situation that should not be entered into lightly, especially if the guy is still hurting from a recent separation. I am sorry you missed my attempt urging caution and objectivity. Describing a complicated dating arrangement as a "dream guy situation" may not be love talking instead an emotional rebound from the recent rude texts she received a previous fella. I am just urging her to slow down and look at all aspects of this.

I don't disagree with anything you said here. It's all a matter of perspective.

you werent rude at all, i would say soy bean was rude, and quite demeaning, i had a good night and met a nice guy for once (ive been hurt big time by others) and soy bean's comments were like it was like they were jealous, their stomach turned...how horrible.

This seems more like a fling than sth substantial considering it wasn't just conversation and lots of connecting but more like night of sex? lol?

we have caught up twice now and most of our night has been conversation, last night we were out till 3.30am just talking didnt even kiss till end of the night.

I will admit that my comment may have been out of line and I apologize for that. It just reminded me of many past situations that I have went through where I would get my hopes up about a "fantasy weekend" as another poster had put it, and got so caught up in it that I overlooked the reality of it all, failing to recognize the possible red flags and was led completely by my heart only to get let down in the end.

So again, I apologize if I offended anyone here, I will be more careful about the way I word my comments. But rest assured that it was not said out of jealousy, but perhaps I should have withheld from posting altogether. Lesson learned.

thanks, well im trying to not to look too much into it, just been a long time since ive met someone decent. the rude text guy (i ended it a few weeks back rang me last week apologising and promising again everything and that he would see me tonight) i received a text last saturday and havent heard since so tonight wont be on...the new guy well met him a few weeks ago he seperated a year ago. last night he was visiting his family i spose he had been drinking with them but he sent me the nicest texts saying i was on his mind and he wants to shout me a ticket up to see him. im trying not to get my hopes up.

Archived