our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

im sandra dee

I had my first date with a man today. Our first meet was a few days ago.

We met for lunch and talked about all sorts of things. He's an interesting man.

After lunch we walked together out to the parking lot.

He hugged me goodbye and then he asked me if I'd like to go out again and I accepted.

But he didn't kiss me. Is he saving our first kiss for a night time date perhaps?

He isn't the type of man who would go out with a woman that he doesn't find attractive.

This much I learned from our first meet. So clearly he's attracted and I'm attracted.

Maybe he thinks it would be moving too fast to have our first kiss so early on?

Why didn't he kiss me?????

Because two girls in this thread have posted that they dont kiss on a first date. So from a mans perspective, he probably knows that a first date is not the time to kiss a girl (based on his experiences or things his female friends might say?)

I like to kiss on the first date - if the connection is there........But Im kinda different LOL

I don't see why people get so worked up over not getting a kiss. In my opinion and I am a guy it's kind of weird. I don't have a problem doing it, but it's so hit or miss with people.

Do you meet someone at the store, talk to them and then kiss them goodbye? It's the first date, the first time meeting, don't get worked up because he wasn't immediately did something like a kiss. A nice hug, compliments and the fact he set something else up is enough to show interest.

Plenty of people kiss on the first date simply because they like the physical thrill of kissing someone, not necessarily because they are really interested in the person. A kiss on the first date doesn't necessarily mean there will be future dates. Kiss or no kiss on the first date often has very little bearing on what is really going on in someone's head.

On my first date with my bf, he didn't kiss me. It took around the fourth date that we finally kissed, and even that kiss was awkward. We're together now. I don't think you should overthink this; he's interested and that's why he asked you on a date!

Yes, I do believe that he is interested. I think he is taking things slow because he is picking up on my clues to not rush things... smart man! The first time we talked on the phone was on Saturday and even though I told him that I had plans with my family on Sunday afternoon he was pressuring me to meet him for our first meet on Sunday morning. I wasn't going to be rushed so we had our first meet on Tuesday instead. At the end of our first meet, he didn't have my number and asked if I'd call him without blocking my number so then he'd have my number. When I did call him, he was thrilled and made a comment that now he can call me anytime or whenever he wants to which I responded, no not whenever you want (just in case he was thinking of calling me in the middle of the night). When he called to make arrangements for our first date, he asked if lunch on Friday worked for me and then he said we might end up spending Saturday and Sunday together. I wasn't sure if he was joking but I told him that we should take it one day at a time. After that, he no longer pressures or rushes anything. I really thought there would be a first kiss today but I'm kind of glad that he didn't do it. My preference is to take things slow and I think he picked up on that.

No worries, you have plenty of time to kiss in the future. You are focusing on the fact that you didn't get a kiss and yet he asked you for another date right there and then which is a great sign--it means he likes you and there will probably be lots of kissing in the future if you two keep seeing each other!

Why didn't he kiss me????? ...

I wasn't sure if he was joking but I told him that we should take it one day at a time. After that, he no longer pressures or rushes anything. I really thought there would be a first kiss today but I'm kind of glad that he didn't do it. My preference is to take things slow and I think he picked up on that.

Soo ... do you see why some men think women are random and irrational? I'm a woman and even I don't understand all of this.

Archived