taboo sexual practices?

I was talking to my best friend about sex last week and we got on the topic of things we'd never do. She said she'd never try anal again because she tried it and didn't like it. I said that I'd try it but only with someone I really trusted in a committed relationship. She said that she'd never have sex on her period or let a guy cum in her mouth. I told her that i was fine with both of those. I'm fine with a guy cumming in my mouth and it cuts down on clean up afterward. I actually like sex during my period more sometimes. She said it was disgusting and that i was nasty. I asked another friend about it and she told me that she thought both were nasty too. She couldn't believe i did that. My best friend said that she'd never had a guy (including her husband) ask her for sex while she was having her period and if they had she would have cursed them out. She's also very VERY against a guy cumming in her mouth during oral. She said once when a guy didn't tell her he was about to cum she kicked him out of her house. I agree that he was a fool for not making sure it didn't happen when she told him to tell her.

I'm wondering if the fact that i'm fine with and willing to do those things influence how the guys i was with thought of me. Is doing those things making men lose respect for me? Am i some sort of sex fiend for thinking it's totally fine and actually enjoying those activities?

There are people into things (scat, water sports, BDSM etc) that are way more out there than having sex on your period or swallowing. I just don't see how it's seen as so nasty. From what i hear from people, spanking is concidered kinky now. That's something that i thought a lot of people did.

Wow.... i LOVE sex on my period!!! It feels 10000x better! Your friends don't know what they're missing out on!

And as for a guy cumming in the mouth, I agree...cleanup is so much easier that way.

I don't see either as being nasty at all... in my opinion, i think both are VERY normal

Taboo sexual practices are subjective. Personally since you friend called you a name I would have come back saying that she is a prude. People have different ideas of what is acceptable and what is not. You are not going to change their minds about what can be done and what cant. Just do what you do and dont let anyone belittle you for the things you choose to do.

One of my sociology professors was talking about this once... He was actually talking about taboos that are universal all over the world. He told us that incest and pedophilia are pretty close to being taboo everywhere.

I know this is kind of wondering away from the original question. But I figured it was worth mentioning anyway.

First, I do not think that you liking to swallow or have sex on your period are abnormal at all. What makes these and all sexual acts "normal" is that you are comfortable with them. Culture, upbringing, taste, experience, these things are all how people decide this. I personally also enjoy both of those.

To address the question of respect, I think that really depends on your relationship with they guy you are sleeping with. If he has genuine respect for you before these acts, there is no way that he will lose them after you do them. In a common scenario, most men only become more pleased and excited by a woman who is sexually exploratory and interested different types of sex. This I believe to be important to a good sex life. And as for your friends, don't feel an ounce of shame, you have please one guy once more than they have ever been able to in their entire life! ......Don't cum in my mouth....please! Eat it all and say yummy!!!

Your friend's a prude, especially since she called you a borderline {Mod Edit}. I don't care about either of those things; if she's into it, great, if not, that's cool too (though I will say that those who are into them rock ). Whatever works best for both of you is what you should be doing, and don't let anyone shame you out of it. Your bedroom, your rules.

Hmm, I would think that your friends are a little close-minded, like other people said, and maybe they haven't been exposed to much. I don't have sex on my period because my boyfriend thinks it's gross. So do I to a certain extent, but if I really want sex, I could care less. Also, I don't let my boyfriend orgasm in my mouth because 1) I'm not sure how it'll taste and 2) there's something about it that seems a little...scandalous, lol. BUT that's just for me. I don't look down on other girls who do it and sometime I wish I could, but I can't! It awesome that other people can be so sexually open and limitless.

I think both are normal, and personally I find that to be an attractive quality in a mate. I don't think I would be in a relationship for too long with a woman who was not willing to do both, as I feel that sex is one of the biggest and most important components to a great relationship.

Of course I would not just dump a girl right away if she didnt do it, I believe there is a period of time that should pass before those kind of things could be even acceptable. The same time period that it usually takes to be completely comfortable with your lover.

Sex while a woman is on her period is nothing short of amazing, especially for those of you who are all about pleasing your woman!! I would say that those experiences are some of the best sex I have had, and that is directly linked with how much pleasure my lady was experiencing.

As far as the respect question. That is where the time period comes into play. I believe that if a guy is going to lose respect for a girl solely through these acts that it will be because there has not been an emotional bond created yet. In this case, the guy is more enthused with the act itself, than with who is performing it on him (or with him). For me, these acts are done not JUST for the sexual pleasure, but to show your SO your love and appreciation. They should be shared with someone who you can trust and who you have an *emotional* connection with, and not just a physical attraction.