I took a drug test with Kroger last Thursday, no call back yet!

I'm really concerned about me not getting this job with Kroger. I also had an interview and drug test with walmart last week as well, but as I stated in a previous post, I rather work with Kroger because it's SOOO much closer to where I live and it would help me save on gas. Also my car is not in the best condition to drive long distances. I've already started working at Walmart and my car broke down on me yesterday while I was out at my job. But with Kroger, I'm just wondering why it's taking so long to hear back from them. I know I passed the drug test because I don't take drugs and I passed with Walmart. I called the Kroger store to speak with a manager yesterday and she told me that the results are in, they just have to go through background check and that I would probably hear from them in a couple of days. For some reason though, I'm still iffy about if they'll call or not. Walmart is nice but the job is too far for me and my position is overnight, which I'm not to happy about as well. I really hope Kroger call, it's not far from home, I work during the day on a flexible schedule.. Ugh should I just give up with Kroger?

How did you apply to Kroger's? In store or online? I applied online several weeks ago and haven't heard back from them. How long did it take for you to get a reply?

I applied online & I got a phone call from them a week after I applied. You should move to Atlanta Georgia if you're desperate to look for a job lol. The funny thing is that as soon as Kroger called for my particular area. 3 other different locations from Kroger in the Atlanta area called for an interview as well, but since I already got the job for this one particular location that I'm at now, I declined the offers since this Kroger is closer to me.

Archived