Guys-thoughts on acne scarring

HONESTLY guys, do you find girls unattractive with acne scarring and wud u date them? I used to get attention from guys but i'm afraid it wont happen anymore due to acne scarring on my face(its not severe but not mild either. Im not beautiful but certainly not ugly. Just wondering what yere thoughts are b4 go back on dating scene. please be honest

I'm not a guy but I had a roommate in college with almost severe acne scaring... she still managed to meet and marry a good looking guy... now I have no idea if they are still married cause I haven't talked to her almost 2 decades...

She had no trouble dating or having boyfriends...

The key is confidence in who you are.... that is what a lot of guys find really sexy!

Good Luck!

My uncle was a confirmed bachelor, dating one beautiful woman after another until the day he met his wife. She had pretty bad acne scarring. Otherwise, her looks were pretty average. She did have an astonishing amount of class, though. That's something hard to describe and just permeated her presence. In spite of her acne scarring, she was comfortable in who she was and very confident. Her views and sense of self were very strong. He fell madly in love with her. They married, had two boys and lived very happily together until many years later when, sadly, he died of cancer. Good luck. Take special care with how you dress. A lot of class goes a long way. Focus on your inner qualities as well. That is what people fall in love with. If they fall in love with something else, it doesn't last.

HONESTLY guys, do you find girls unattractive with acne scarring and wud u date them? I used to get attention from guys but i'm afraid it wont happen anymore due to acne scarring on my face(its not severe but not mild either. Im not beautiful but certainly not ugly. Just wondering what yere thoughts are b4 go back on dating scene. please be honest

We all have our flaws - every single one of us. If it's not acne scarring, it's stretch marks - if not that, then crooked teeth; the list goes on. Physical flaws, especially ones that cannot be helped, I find easy to overlook. Very easy indeed - if I like the person. If I find the woman herself to be lovely. It's flaws like cruelty, rudeness, and irresponsibility that turn me off. Those I find much harder to see past. Worry about those things you can improve - and love the rest unconditionally. Achieve that and you've become a magnetic, mature, attractive person already.

It varies, some people get turned off by a bit of scarring others don't mind much of it. I was lucky and avoid the scarring even tho i had badddddd acne growing up.

A little i wouldn't care a lot and it can be a serious turn off. Theres one kid in my town my age he has some of the worst acne scars ever covers all of his neck an face, i feel bad for him don't get me wrong.

We all have our flaws - every single one of us. If it's not acne scarring, it's stretch marks - if not that, then crooked teeth; the list goes on. Physical flaws, especially ones that cannot be helped, I find easy to overlook. Very easy indeed - if I like the person. If I find the woman herself to be lovely. It's flaws like cruelty, rudeness, and irresponsibility that turn me off. Those I find much harder to see past. Worry about those things you can improve - and love the rest unconditionally. Achieve that and you've become a magnetic, mature, attractive person already.

What a lovely post.

I'm not a guy, but I saw a couple and the girl had quite noticeable active acne all over her face and they seemed to be very much in love so...

Also there are ways of treating acne scarring too if you're really self-conscious about it.

HONESTLY guys, do you find girls unattractive with acne scarring and wud u date them?

I think I mentioned this before on here, but I met a girl years ago with the same problem. However, she had one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen. I'd have had no problem dating her.

My point being, I'm sure you have many other qualities that far outweigh whatever imperfections you may have. Accentuate those and you'll have no problem attracting those who are worth a damn to begin with.

This is a great post ^

I have scarring (acne scars, stretch marks... etc.). My girlfriend is a lucky few with nice skin and very few bouts with acne or any physical flaw I can pinpoint. She doesn't care one lick about my skin.

I have really bad acne scars on my face and shoulders and arms. I'm a picker--meaning I usually make it look worse than had I never touched it. So it looks really bad and I'm always putting concelaer on, even on days I go without other makeup. But I've had no issue getting guys (and I have an amazing one right now with less than perfect teeth and a poochy belly, and I love him). He doesn't care about my scars. He'll tell me to stop picking if he sees me doing it, but otherwise he doesn't care.

Think of it like this. Think of something that turns you off in a guy. Is it something others have found attractive or never bothered to worry about? Think of a physical flaw you know a guy you once liked had. Did it bother you that badly?

Everyone has varying opinions. If you can think of a flaw in a past relationship that didn't bother you, you can probably be sure that others won't care about certain flaws too. Don't think too much about it! Be beautiful in your own right.

Have you tried a tretinoin cream? It's prescription only and a super-exfoliator. If you use it consistently your scars will clear up beautifully over a period of months.

I had acne for a bit and scars once that cleared up, yet my dating life was on fire during that time. I think it's because I was still confident, and I thought my skin was better than it was, so I didn't act any different. Looking back at photos now I'm thinking, "WOW my skin was pretty bad... yet I had so many suitors, weird!" My suggestion is to forget what your skin looks like from this point forward. Let your eyes slide right past the scars when you look into the mirror, and see your face exactly as you want to see it. Now proceed into the world with the smooth, even skin you imagined in the mirror.

Archived