Is unrequited love always hopeless?

krogen

Hello,

Long story short, I fell in love with someone. She knows how I feel, but only wants to be friends.

It's probably best to move on in a situation like this, but is there a glimpse of hope? I'm having a tough time accepting this, as would probably anyone in my situation. Should I still try to be friends? Should I hope that the other person will eventually feel the same way? Or would it be best to lose all connection with the other person?

Best to lose all connection and walk away with your dignity in tact. Otherwise, you'll only dangle around degrading yourself, and that's a thousand times worse to recover from.

We never get any wasted time back. If this woman is given the opportunity to miss you while you retain your self-respect, then she knows how to contact you.

That's something you can keep in your pocket as you grieve for a time and then start taking baby steps toward healing and rebuilding a new focus. Otherwise, you'll only hang around seeking scraps of attention from her, and that's dismal--and it certainly won't inspire her to view you as love material.

In your corner.

In one way, I want to do what you said, but things are a little bit more complicated.

I am taking classes with her in the community college that I am attending, so it will be impossible for me to totally ignore her presence. Plus, after class, I would always walk with her to the parking lot. Should I walk out by myself as if we never did that? I don't want to seem like I am mad at her or something, since that isn't the case. But I would certainly want to forget about her.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Archived